Thank you for your patience.
A home energy walkthrough will help you shed light on energy waste. Here are five ways you can save with your findings.
1. Seal air leaks. Drafty houses aren't just uncomfortable; they waste money. Find air leaks and use caulk or spray foam to seal them.
2. Stop phantom power. If you have a lot of electronics on standby, you could be wasting $100 a year or more on phantom power. Use advanced power strips to automatically cut power to devices that aren't in use.
3. Improve insulation. Poorly insulated walls, attics and crawlspaces can make the blanket protecting your home from the elements seem more like a sheet. If you see the top of the joists in your attic, you don't have enough insulation.
4. Perform routine HVAC maintenance. Your air conditioner and furnace are vital for comfort during heating and cooling months. Hiring a qualified professional to inspect these systems will help make sure you're not blowing your dollars along with hot and cold air.
5. Switch to LEDs. Replace those old incandescent and tube fluorescent lights with energy-saving LEDs. They produce better light, last longer and have never been more affordable.
Perform a home energy walkthrough, and see if you can make your home more comfortable and lower your bills.
To find more energy-saving tips, plus products and rebates to help you save even more, visit ElectricIdeas.com/Tips. The more tips you tackle, the more energy you will save — and potentially save on your monthly bill.
Return to newsletter
“Remember User ID” helps you log in without having to memorize your ID or look it up every time. When you opt in, we automatically fill in your ID from then on. To avoid unauthorized access, you’ll still have to enter your password.
Your security code is a short word or phrase you set up with our customer service associates to provide extra protection for your online account.
If you have forgotten your security code, please call 800.311.4634.
Please login to manage your account.