Status Of Restoration Efforts
I&M has restored power to about 90% of customers who lost service due to today’s heavy snow.
As of 2:15 p.m., about 650 customers remained without service, and power to the vast majority of them is expected to be restored by 10 p.m. tonight.
I&M cautions our customers in the Michiana area that heavy, wet snow is expected to continue to fall and could cause additional outages. Estimated times of restoration for any additional customers affected by the continued snow will be established as needed.
Customers are encouraged to monitor the status of your outage at IndianaMichiganPower.com/App. Sign up for text and email alerts on the app or at IndianaMichiganPower.com/Alerts
Please pay attention to several safety precautions:
- Be careful around debris and fences. Heavy snow, fallen limbs and debris can hide downed power lines, and a downed line may be contacting a fence out of line of sight. Look around carefully. Trees could fall or drop limbs at any moment, please look up.
- Downed power lines. Stay away from any downed wires and report them to I&M. You can contact I&M by calling 1-800-311-4634, report on our app or website, or call 911
- Traffic lights may not be functioning. Please use caution and be mindful of first responders and utility workers on the roadways.
- We urge the general public not to approach our crews. For your safety and ours, please do not approach I&M employees and contractors working to restore power.
- When using a generator, connect appliances directly to the generator. Don’t connect the generator's electrical output to any home or building electrical circuits. Don’t use gas-powered generators in enclosed or partially enclosed spaces, like a garage or a home.
- For more safety tips visit IndianaMichiganPower.com/safety/storms/
Note: This is the last update on this storm.
Indiana Customer Service
Michigan Customer Service