All-Source Informational RFP
Indiana Michigan Power (“I&M” or the “Company”) is issuing an Informational Request for Proposal (“RFP”) notice soliciting input from the marketplace regarding All-Source resource “indicative” responses (“response”) to inform its planning towards further diversifying its generation portfolio over the coming years. I&M is beginning work on its next Indiana Integrated Resource Plan (“IRP”), a road map the Company updates every three years that is used as a planning tool to evaluate how it will meet customers’ energy needs using a diverse mix of power generation resources. The Company’s goal is an approach that balances affordability, reliability and sustainability for customers and stakeholders.
I&M is interested in assessing the current availabilities in the marketplace to provide the following:
- Existing generation facilities that, at a minimum, meet established industry-wide reliability and performance standards;
- Planned or in development generation facilities meeting developmental requirements for new or planned electric generation facilities;
- Existing or planned utility scale renewable resources, either stand-alone or paired with storage to support PJM Planning Years beginning 2025/26;
- Qualifying Facility (QF); and
- Distributed Energy Resources (minimum 1-MW) including:
- Stand-alone Battery Energy Storage System (BESS)
- Distributed Generation
- New Load Modifying Resources (LMR) and Demand Response (DR):
- New LMR/DR offered by a supplier should meet LMR/DR requirements for participation in PJM as a demand-side resource, including any future changes to PJM’s requirements for LMRs/DRs
- New LMR/DR’s are required to be from an I&M customer and within the I&M electric service territory.
Responses may be from existing generating resources or from proposed resources that support the following timing:
- EOY 2022 for PJM Planning Year 2023/24 (no Renewables)
- EOY 2023 for PJM Planning Year 2024/25 (no Renewables)
- EOY 2024 for PJM Planning Year 2025/26
- EOY 2025 for PJM Planning Year 2026/27
- EOY 2026 for PJM Planning Year 2027/28
- EOY 2027 for PJM Planning Year 2028/29
In connection with this RFP, I&M has retained the services of an independent third-party consultant, Siemens PTI, to manage the RFP process and work with I&M to perform the quantitative and qualitative evaluations of all responses.
All respondents will directly interface with Siemens PTI for all communications including questions, RFP clarification issues, and submittal of a response. All correspondence concerning this RFP should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com.
Issue: April 23, 2021
Due Date: May 21, 2021